As an ode to all of the amazing moms out there, I wanted to share a very sweet moment from a class last week. To set the scene, we had been talking about how each of us has a "little light" inside of us (our hearts). I shared how our little lights make each of us special and how bright they shine...especially when we feel love.
This led us to our Talking Stick circle topic...
Me: "When does your little light shine really bright?"
The kids all start pointing to their hearts and I hear lots of super sweet responses. "When my family goes on vacation." "When I play with my friends." "When I help someone."
And then, "Miss Ali, I love mushy kisses. My mom gives me shmushy, mushy kisses and I don't ever want her to stop."
No filter, pure honesty, and right off the bat. Shmushy, MUSHY, kisses from Mom. I honestly had to hold back the mom-tears because it was said with such confidence and love.
Happy Mother's Day, my friends. I hope your day is filled with many moments that make your own little lights shine bright.
PS. Check out our new Yoga for Athletes session + free demo class @ Next Level Strength & Conditioning. Awesome opportunity for athletes! Click here for details.
THIS WEEK'S SCHEDULE
- Ages 5-12 @ 6PM (Fairport). Enroll here.
Looking ahead: New Tuesday 10am session @ Spencerport Rec starts 6/26. Details here.
- Yoga at school classes (Brighton).
- After-school yoga club (Webster).
Interested in setting up a yoga program at your school this fall? Contact us.
- Ages 3-5 @ 10am (Perinton Rec). Next session for ages 3-8 is 6/22 - 7/20. Enrollment opens 5/21.
- After-school yoga enrichment (Brighton).
- Friday Night Kids Yoga Club @ 6:30 - 8:30pm (Fairport). Only a few spots left! Enroll here.
- Girl Scout yoga sessions @ 11:00am and 2:30pm. Private events.
OUR YOGA MOMENTS