Time for a trip down memory lane! Think back to your field days. If you are like me, you immediately picture tug of war, potato sack runs, and relay races, right? But now, schools are becoming more progressive in the way they incorporate health, wellness, and fun into school programs -- and students are enjoying the benefits.
I was very honored and excited to be given the opportunity to bring Butterfly Kids Yoga to Field Day at one Fairport elementary school this past week. The chance to introduce yoga to hundreds of kids and give them all an opportunity to feel strong, find balance, reset, and find calm.
Over 300 third and fourth graders in total.
5 sessions with over 60 kids in each session.
Everyone on their own yoga mat.
And boy oh boy, did they shine.
Thank you, thank you, thank you to Fairport's Northside School for the opportunity to bring Butterfly Kids Yoga to school!
PS. We've been gifting $10 Athleta cards to winners all week in celebration of the International Day of Yoga (this Thursday). Happy shopping to our winners so far! More chances to win in each class this week. Good luck!
THIS WEEK'S SCHEDULE
- Yoga field trip @ 10AM (Fairport). Interested in a private group event? Contact us.
- School camp program @ 1PM (Brighton). Interested in yoga at your school? Contact us.
- Ages 5-12 @ 6PM (Fairport). Enroll here.
- Adult class @ 6PM with Christy Lesher (Fairport). Enroll here.
- School program @ 10AM (Brighton). Interested in yoga at your school? Contact us.
- Ages 3-8 @ 10AM. Victor Rec summer session. Details here.
- Ages 3-8 @ 10AM. Perinton Rec summer session begins! Enroll here.
THIS WEEKEND'S SCHEDULE